Pattaya is well known as a beach resort with great night live, wonderful climate and superb golf courses. However the city is now becoming a popular place for some of the top chefs to open high class restaurants.
Here are the top 5 Pattaya Restaurants as selected by the Pattaya.com website.
- Mantra Restaurant & Bar: Mantra is a dynamic and stylish restaurant with a show kitchen concept and individually themed dining spaces. The interiors blend oriental art and a sophisticated colour scheme. Taking centre stage, the cooking stations are like open theatres where chefs whip up tasty Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Thai and Mediterranean fare to order. The Moroccan-themed bar with a walk-through wine cellar is ideal for enjoying pre- and post-dinner drinks.
- Moom Aroi: Arguably the biggest and the most popular Thai seafood eatery in Pattaya, Moom Aroi (translating as ‘delicious corner’) is a two-story restaurant with a seaside frontage. Popular dishes include stir-fried curry crab, seafood papaya salad, tom yam goong, stir-fried squid with salted egg yolk – all are delicious. Moom Aroi gets very busy every evening and especially during the weekend, so reservation is highly recommended.
- Volterra South Pattaya: Tucked away in a soi behind the Walking Street, Voterra is a local favourite and the place to go for a delectable Italian meal. The Tuscan owner and chef has decades of culinary experience under his belt and ensures that the flavours stay fresh and original. Try some of the homemade specialties, such as spaghetti trattoria, pizza margherita and wild boar with black olive, with a selection of fine wine from Tuscany.
- Preecha Seafood Na Jomtien: There’s not much to the décor or atmosphere here, but this Thai-style seaside restaurant whips up some of the tastiest seafood in town. Walk through the aquarium section at the entrance and the restaurant opens out to the ocean, with a terrace jutting out over the water. Don’t miss the signature dishes, including chili salt mantis shrimp, baked scallops and blue crab som tam. Most of the diners are Thai – a good indicator of truly Thai tastes.
- Bruno’s Jomtien: the renowned Bruno’s has been a favourite dining out venue for locals and holidaymakers since 1996, offering classy European cuisine along with local popular fare. Signature dishes include pan-seared scallops, parmesan cream soup and twice-cooked Australian lamb rack. The walk-in wine cellar showcases an extensive selection of labels, mostly from the Old World, and a handful of top-shelf labels from across the globe.
Of course we all have our favorites which can be that greasy spoon down the end of a soi, the street café or maybe one of Pattaya’s 5 star hotels.
Whatever you like to eat, when staying and living at Siam Royal View in Pattaya you are literally spoilt for choice.
Siam Royal View is a leading Thailand property developer with luxury Thailand villa developments in Pattaya and on the island of Koh Chang. For more information please visit our website www.siam-royal-view.com and get in touch.